Thursday, March 21, 2013

Zipadee-Zip

Over the past couple of weeks our daughter, who is six months old, has been waking up after a few hours of sleeping because she has decided she is finished with being swaddled.  To remedy this new development I tried to follow countless websites' advice on how to wean your baby off swaddling - only swaddling one arm in or swaddling from the waist down, but nothing worked.  I thought about the option of the baby sleeping bag, but again, with my baby's active arms, I knew leaving her arms out wasn't going to cut it.  So, I decided on the Zipadee-Zip because it keeps the baby nice and snug, takes the arms out of the equation, but still leaves them room to move around.  It's also great because it keeps our baby warm, and it stops the problem we had before of putting a blanket on our baby, which invariably ended up over her head.  The last feature I love, is the the little flap that hides the zipper.  Our baby loveesss zippers, so this is great feature that allows a  tight fit, but doesn't allow our little one to find a zipper to suck on.

We went with the light weight option because it's generally 65-67 degrees in our home and found a small fit our 13 pound 24 inch long baby.  Also, it shipped rather fast and I had no problem with their paypal or credit card options for payment.  I would definitely recommend this to anyone trying to wean their baby off swaddling.  Our little girl has become a champion napper and has been great at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment