Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Mazda CX9

Recently we purchased the Mazda CX9.  Before we decided on the Mazda we closely looked at the Nissan Pathfinder and the Toyota Highlander.  The following is why we decided on the Mazda:

1. The Drive
Initially, we were pretty convinced the Pathfinder was going to be our next car, but once we drove the Mazda it became the front runner.  Unlike the Pathfinder and the Highlander, the Mazda drives like a sedan. I couldn't believe the pick up the Mazda exhibited, the way it felt around turns and overall handling.  The Pathfinder and Highlander were great cars, but to get going it took awhile, and both felt like trucks.

2. Price/Options
As we really looked at all three cars we felt like they were very similar in appearance, but prices were very different.  In order to get a moon roof or GPS, you had to buy packages that contained pointless other features and jacked the price up almost $5,000.  To stay in our price range of $30,000-32,000 we were going to have to buy the lowest model of the Toyota and Nissan and sacrifice wants such as moon roofs, GPS, Bose Speakers and nicer wheels.  The Mazda allowed us to get our wanted features and stay below our price point.

Overall, after having the car for almost three months I've been very happy with the Mazda.  The way it handles has continued to be my favorite part of the car.  I love its acceleration and smoothness on side streets or the highway.  I also love the blindspot option - which causes a light to show up on your side mirrors every time a car is in your blind spot, and also features a beeping noise that engages every time you put your blinker on to change lanes, which again tells you when a car is in and has left your blind spot.  I have to admit, I've become a rather lazy driver depending on this feature, but with a baby in the back and running errands it's a great addition to my driving.  Also, I love the size of this car.  I am continually surprised on what I can haul in it.  I've hauled carpets, large pictures, bikes, suitcases, people etc. with absolute ease.  And lastly, I love the Bose speakers. These would never have been an option with the Pathfinder or the Highlander with our price range.


No comments:

Post a Comment