Thursday, March 28, 2013

Performance Bike


Recently I purchased a new road bike at Performance Bike in Laguna Hills, California.  I got to admit, I've been riding for over 9 years and have always been a closest snob when it came to Performance Bike.  You see I bought my original bike from a very flashy and "hip" bike store in Salt Lake City. Consequently, from my perspective, Performance Bike was nothing more than a chain store, that only specialized in cheap and generic bikes and clothes.  How wrong I was.  If you are looking to purchase a bike - road, mountain or commuter I would highly recommend Performance Bike.

Why?

1. Price
My husband and I always joke about Performance having a sale (because it seems like every other week they are having a sale) but you can get a lot of bike for a serious discount.  For example, Performance is great about carrying last year's models which in many cases can be virtually the same bikes.  I was lucky enough to find a 2012 Fuji which had the exact specifications as the 2013, but $1,000 cheaper.

Also, whenever you buy a bike at Performance join their Team Membership because for $30.00 you'll get %10 off your purchase, which can cover new shoes, peddles, clothes etc.  The membership is also great for future purchases because you get 10% off everything you buy.  And as we all know - biking is not cheap.

2. Customer Service
Tell me one place where you can purchase a bike and then return it for a full refund a year later?  Yeah, I didn't think so.  When I purchased my bike I had just had a baby two months before and was in no shape to ride, but I had to get the bike because it fit everything I was looking for.  So, the guys at Performance told me to buy the bike, they would hold on to it for me, and when I was ready to ride, I could come back, pick up the bike, ride it and if it wasn't perfect I could just return it for a full refund.  That took so much pressure off buying the bike and continues to take pressure off me as I ride it now.  I'm still testing it every time I go out and it's great to know that I finally decide it's not right I can take it back.  (Which I won't be doing, but still it's nice to have the option.)

3. Lifetime service
I just took my bike in and for free I got the chain cleaned, the brakes adjusted and the gears checked.  That sort of service would have cost me at least $45 at another bike store, so it's pretty great that is available for the time I own the bike.

4. Fitting You
Before I purchased my bike at Performance I went to a lot of other bike stores, but couldn't find a bike that fit me. A lot of salesmen tried to fit me on a men's bike that sort of fit, and told me they could replace the handle bars and stems (which would all cost a good chunk of change).  Only at Performance did I not only find women bikes, but also the option of ordering anything on saw on their website.  They informed me I could have any bike sent to their store for free, which again, was nice because I just wasn't seeing a lot of inventory.

Overall, if you are looking to buy your first bike, or upgrade Performance Bike is a great place to start.  I've purchased three bikes from them, and my husband purchased one, and we have been incredibly happy.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for creating such a wonderful blog. On this website, I'm always on the search for goods that are of high quality. Your work is also something I admire. I hope to be as good a blogger as you, and I enjoy reading your work because it contains so much important information like always I get from https://www.theassignmenthelp.co.nz/coursework-writing-service/. You do a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete